Lebanon Support offers a wide range of services to humanitarian and development organizations, donors, private sector and government: Research and analysis: Based on a deep knowledge of the Lebanese field and its social fabric, Lebanon Support offers accurate evidence based research using participatory and multidisciplinary research methods (including desk research, workshops, focus groups, indepth interviews as well as quantitative techniques). Lebanon Support’s research team includes experts and senior researchers from different disciplines, Social and Political Sciences, Mental Health, Urbanism, Policy Studies, Gender studies, among others. We offer, among others:
- In depth expert research papers, knowledge products and studies;
- Needs assessments and gap analysis in local and national contexts;
- Feasibility studies;
- Quantitative and qualitative surveys and mappings;
- Programme evaluation and assessment;
Information management services: Lebanon Support is specialized in information management and services having among its team senior information analysts, systems developers among others, and having an organizational record of more than 7 years of extensive experience in managing and operation humanitarian, development and human rights information and knowledge management projects. We offer, among others:
- Knowledge and information management platforms (online collaborative information systems, online libraries, collaborative knowledge production systems, among others…);
- Hosting and development of civil society online projects, websites and complex systems;
- Online monitoring systems and online surveying (Human rights reporting, civil society capacity survey, etc…);
- Referral and case management systems (Migrant domestic workers referral system, population data management system, among others);
- Emergency and Early Warning Systems (Nahr ElBared Emergency and Recovery Information System, Syrian Refugees Information System, among others);
- Online mapping systems and services (Geo-located mapping of conflicts in Lebanon; Mapping of incidents of violence against women etc...);
- Cartography and print mapping services (Civil Society Geographic Distribution in Lebanon; Security Incidents Map (2012); Small and Medium Businesses Mapping in Nahr ElBared (2009); among others);
- Hosting and management of humanitarian, recovery, developmental and human rights data and information systems and collaboration platforms (Psychosocial Working group for NGOs working in Palestinian camps in Lebanon, Nahr ElBared;
- Humanitarian Sectoral Databases Management, (South Lebanon Recovery Projects Databases, among others);
- Data and information security consultancies and systems;
- Training and capacity development for civil society organizations and humanitarian and development actors on institutional and collaborative knowledge and information management;
- Knowledge sharing and dissemination (seminars, roundtables, mailing lists, among others...);
Our team is composed of highly qualified multidisciplinary academics, professionals and practitioners.
Example of recent partners and projects:
- Paper: Challenges of aid coordination in a complex crisis: An overview of funding policies and conditions regarding aid provision to Syrian refugees in Lebanon, with the support of the Norwegian Royal Embassy, May 2014.
- Report: The international aid community and local actors: Experiences and testimonies from the ground, with the support of the Norwegian Royal Embassy, May 2014.
- Paper: Regional differences in the conditions of Syrian refugees in Lebanon, with the support of the Norwegian Royal Embassy, April, 2014.
- Paper: The Everyday Experience of Humanitarianism in Akkar Villages, with the support of the Norwegian Royal Embassy, March 2014.
- Knowledge Management System: ESCWA Institutional Knowledge Management System, 2013.
- Referral System: Migrant Domestic Workers Referral System, National, 2012 with the Danish Refugee Council, Caritas, Kafa, Amel Association among others).
- Online regional Library: CSR-DAR with the Arab NGO Network for development, 2011.
- Study & Survey: Mental and Reproductive Health Survey, Nahr ElBared, 2010 with the Welfare Association.
- Study: Nahr ElBared Statistical Report, 2009 with the support of ECHO, UNRWA, UNDP and Handicap International.
- Census Survey: Nahr ElBared Residents Census in collaboration with UNRWA, UNDP and Handicap International.